The Women and Girls Fund of Waukesha County reached its first major goal of raising $1 million, allowing the Fund to reach more women and girls in need, and to provide more significant grants. Contributors of amounts of $1,000, $5,000 or $10,000 will be honored for their foresight and generosity. Pledges can be paid over 3-5 years.
In addition to contributions from individual supporters, the assets for the Fund will grow through the highly successful Women of Distinction Awards program.
- Grants to nonprofit organizations with programs serving women and girls are made through a competitive grant review process. Over $374,000 has already been provided to improve the lives of women and girls in Waukesha County.
2012 Grants Totaled $65,000
- $5,000 to ARCh (Assoc. for the Right of Citizens w/Handicaps) for Life Skills Program at ARCh Camp Pow Wow
- $1,000 to Davidson Yell and Tell Foundation to Engage Waukesha Area Girl Scouts in Yell and Tell Program
- $5,000 to Family Service of Waukesha for Forensic Interviewer Position at the C.A.R.E. Center
- $2,000 to HOPE Center to Provide Basic Needs to Needy Girls in Waukesha County
- $4,000 to Interfaith Senior Programs for Neighbor’s Angel Fund
- $2,500 to Junior Achievement for Building Futures-Financial Literacy for Girls
- $10,000 to Lake Area Free Clinic for Diagnostic Support for Women & Girl’s
- $7,500 to Safe Babies Healthy Families for Case Management Staff Support
- $5,000 to Waukesha County Community Dental Clinic for Healthy Teeth for Mom and Baby Project
- $10,000 to The Woman's Center for Sister House Emergency Shelter Program
- $13,000 to Children’s Health Education Center for Act Now! Fullying Prevention Program
Annual Due Date for Grant Requests
Complete requests in hard copy are due January 31.
All 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organizations providing significant programs to benefit women and girls in Waukesha County are invited to apply. Grants will not be made to individuals, or for religious, governmental, or political purposes.
Proposals should be no more than three pages in length, single-spaced. Please include:
- a narrative description of your organization which includes your organizational mission statement, goals, history, major accomplishments and qualifications;
- a narrative description of the program for which support is being requested; this should include the program goal(s), measurable objectives, methods for implementation and a description of how success/progress will be evaluated.narrative description of the program’s intended impact on women and girls in Waukesha County;
- its impact on women and girls in Waukesha County; and
- the amount being requested and how you will fund this program, including both current funding sources and plans for future years.
Attachments should include:
- proof of your nonprofit status (IRS determination letter);
- current listing of the board of directors;
- current year operating budget;
- a budget for the proposed program or project; and
- an audit report from the most recent fiscal year.
Due Date: Complete requests in hard copy are due annually on January 31st.
A Grantee Progress Report will be due to the Women and Girls Fund of Waukesha County by January 1, 2014. This accountability report will include a general description of how the funds were used, the outcomes and results achieved and the overall benefit gained to the population served.
Requests should be sent to:
Women and Girls Fund of Waukesha County
Waukesha County Community Foundation
2727 N. Grandview Boulevard, Suite 122
Waukesha WI 5318