Below is a summary of our Gift and Fund Acceptance policy. If you have specific questions, or to receive a full copy of our policy, please contact the Foundation office.
- All donations, both restricted and unrestricted, are the property of the Foundation. Any restrictions placed on donations will be recorded in the Foundation’s gift records as well as the donor’s gift-giving records.
- All gifts to the Foundation will comply with IRS requirements.
- No gift will be accepted where there is not obvious charitable intent on the part of the donor.
- Complicated potential gifts involving multiple donors, multiple transactions, unusual assets or conditions must be reviewed and considered by our board.
- Any contribution or expenditure that would endanger the non-profit status of the Foundation will be refused.
- All non-cash gifts to the Foundation will be accepted if they are in keeping with approved Foundation Administrative Guidelines and Operating Procedures. Any costs associated with a non-cash gift will be the donor’s responsibility, including any valuation or qualified appraisal.